All expenses for all aspects of the Prairie Gleaners Society are covered by donations from our supporters. We do not receive any Government grants or revenue. Donations are eligible for a charitable giving tax receipt. Donations can be made directly to our Admin office ( P.O. Box 656, Medicine Hat, Ab. T1A 7G6) or online by credit card through this link.
We are a Christian volunteer based organization. If you would like to volunteer simply show up in your work clothes any morning (presently Tuesdays to Saturdays) starting at 8:30 AM until noon. All equipment and tools are provided. If you can handle a kitchen knife you have all the skills needed. We prepare a wide variety of vegetables for dehydration. Periodically we package our finished product in preparation for shipment to other parts of the world. Each work day we break mid-morning for coffee and snacks.
Volunteer arrangements for groups of 4 or more can be arranged by calling our plant at 403-526-5240, or our admin office at 403-580-9432 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome schools, churches, clubs, businesses, etc.
Membership application can be made by anyone who:
- Is 18 years or older
- Is desirous of active involvement in the work and the decision making process of the Prairie Gleaners Society
- Is a Christian
- Pays the $5.00 annual membership fee
Membership applications can be made by requesting an application from email@example.com or phone (403) 580-9432 or Download form here
Why become a member?
- shows your support of the Gleaners organization to the general public and to government bodies,
- keeps you informed through personal mailings of regular newsletters and other notices,
- allows you to vote at the annual meeting and to be part of the decision making process concerning the Prairie Gleaners Society.
Membership renewals can be made up to two weeks prior to each annual general meeting.